Monday, March 7, 2016

Layered Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I picked up this fun cake pan at my local Marshall's store and thought it would be the perfect Valentine's treat for my husband.


I created a step-by-step video for you to see exactly how I did it.



Carrot cake recipe

Sift together

230g/2cups flour
230g/2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

4 eggs
225 ml vegetable oil

450 g/3cups finely shredded carrots

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until everything is well combined.

Baking in a 350 F oven until done,  insert a toothpick if it comes out clean your cake is done. I'm not giving an exact time since this varies depending of cake pan size. (approx. 15-20 min for these pans & cupcakes)

Icing recipe

243 grams - 1 package of cream cheese
226 grams - 1/2 pound unsalted butter
131 grams - unsalted bakers margarine
Total should be 600 grams

1 - 2 tbsp light corn syrup
1 tsp of vanilla

Whip together and then add 750 grams of powdered sugar and whip again until light & fluffy.

I hope you enjoyed the video and I'll see you next time,

Marlyn